Plastic Pallets litter the globe.
Global landfills are being consumed by all forms of plastic waste and the world’s oceans have become the dumping ground for plastic.
- Plastic is highly flammable emitting toxic carbon dioxide.
- Non-renewable oil based resources are used to make plastic and polystyrene pallets.
- Energy intensive manufacturing process.
Wooden Pallets, an Eco-Menace?
Wall Street Times reporter Peter Anderson wrote in a front-page article entitled As Old Pallets Pile Up, Critics Hammer Them – As a New Eco-Menace.
In the piece, Peter Anderson wrote, “Wooden pallets, used to ship consumer goods, are multiplying and burying parking lots, snarling traffic and filling landfill.”
- The world natural forests are being destroyed.
- The disposal of export timber pallets is becoming a global issue.
Timber pallets that have been heat treated and / or treated with methyl bromide can’t be recycled they must be disposed of into approved toxic waste disposal facilities.
Government bodies globally are mandating a ‘no pallet policy’ at their waste disposal sites and are now charging environmental, disposal fees.